Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

They don't bark...

So I checked my blog Sunday evening, and I noticed I had a comment under my 1973 in Music posting. I thought, hey Mike's left a comment...but lately he usually adds a new post. I wondered who it was...

Much to my surprise, it was King Harvest. I'd included their hit "Dancing In the Moonlight" on my list, and they'd sent a nice thank you note (they're on Blogger).

I am a bit embarrased though, that I didn't rank the song higher. So I looked at my list again. Wait a minute, Aerosmith's "Dream On" at number 41? What was I thinking? Sure that'll still be on my list, but I'm bumping it down at least six points. That song has a lot of power, but I've been screamed at sufficiently. Been there, done that. Back in the day, I was mostly listening to hard rock, British blues, and some art rock; I guess that's been reinforced by the classic rock radio stations since then.

Anyway, I definitely like "Dancing In the Moonlight" more than that, so I think I'll move it up to number 40. Maybe even tie it with Loggins and Messina's "My Music" at 39.

No comments: