Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hulshoff for Governor

I'd originally planned a quiet saturday spent at home, other than a quick trip to the post office and a gas station. In the early afternoon a friend of ours called, and informed us of a Kenny Hulshoff rally scheduled for 4:00 p.m., at a park nine miles east of us. Our youngest daughter returned home from her first babysitting job in time that my wife could also go along.

Republican candidate for Missouri Governor,
Kenny Hulshoff, in Blue Springs.



There was a small but enthusiastic crowd of campaign volunteers and guests, maybe 70 or so. I was close enough to get this photo (we were in the shade of a shelter house and my camera was working against a fairly bright background, but I've managed to improve the image some.

Representative Hulshoff gave a positive speech, and I was impressed that he seemed an average, down-to-earth guy. More so than any of the few politicians I've met before. And during a brief question and answer session he seemed very sharp, at ease, and gave good answers. I was pleased to shake his hand and tell him "You have my vote".

Oh, by the way, he mentioned that Friday he had been at a rally in Springfield with Sarah Palin. (Mike, just curious, where was that rally held?)

He was open that his campaign was coming from behind, and indicated that all would be won or lost in the western half of Missouri.

The bottom line: voter turnout. Kenny Hulshoff said we have the people and the votes, we just need to get everyone to the polls.

I think he'd make a great Governor, and I sure hope he wins.

No comments: