Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bob's computer odyssey

It is a tremendous responsibility to step in for the Porch's Grand Poobah (Bob) while his computer has gone dark.

"Hello, Bob."

"Hello, PC"

"Do not take me to the shop, Bob"

"I'm not. I know you never fail, PC"

"Do not take me to the shop, Dave"

"I'm not Dave, I'm Bob, but I think I see what you mean."

"What do I mean, Dave?"

Bob tried to shut down his PC, but somehow, it wouldn't shut down.

"What are you doing, Dave?"

Obviously, something was wrong with the PC and it needed to go to the shop. Bob did the only thing he could do.

He pulled the plug.