Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Friday, February 20, 2009

February 20, 2009

Today would have been my Mom's 84th birthday. It started out okay, and I was able to keep some good memories of happy times in mind. I got to looking at some old photos around 3:30, with the thought of posting one here. At that point I got a bit wistful, I guess that's the word.



I'm not sure when this was taken, but 10 years ago is probably as good a guess as any. I really like this photo.

I'm confident that Mom's in heaven with our Lord, and I expect to see her again eventually. I have a wonderful family, and I'm very thankful for that. As I looked for some of her photos, I also found some of my Dad, also Mom's parents (my Grandma and Poppy), and some of my great aunts from both sides of my family.

I miss my people.

Time passes, and I work through this sense of loss as best as I can. It seems to come to the surface on significant days. I suppose that's normal.

Well, enough of that. There's one photo of my Mom and her Dad playing cards, and I almost scanned it, then I realized I've already posted it here. (Scroll down to the third photo.)

No comments: