Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Appearances can be deceiving

I take it that Bob's computer is still on hiatus, so I'll jump in with a little something of interest.

I think it was Abraham Piper's 22 Words which led me here, but anyway, it is surely interesting. Well, unnerving is more like it. Bizarre also is appropriate.

It's called Nietzsche Family Circus. They take an old Family Circus cartoon and replace the caption with a quote from Nietzsche.
Here's an example -

The worst readers are those who behave like plundering troops: they take away a few things they can use, dirty and confound the remainder, and revile the whole.

Well, as I said, it's a bit unnerving, but weird and funny, too.

Enjoy.

No comments: