Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Where were you in '62?

This post's title was the tag from the film "American Graffiti" and is an appropriate rejoinder, I think, to Bob's history quiz in his last post.

Being slightly anal (I think. Maybe I should look it up.), I have decided to try the test without Googling anything. No Wikipedia, either. If you do them both, is it Gooki?

I'm responding in a different order, from highest confidence to least.

July 20, 1969 - This was the day Apollo 11 astronauts landed on the moon.
April 18, 1906 - I think this is the day the Titanic sunk.
May 6, 1937 - Hindenburg Disaster?
December 17, 1903 - Orville and Wilbur's first flight at Kitty Hawk?
December 24, 1877 - No idea. Let's try Alexander Graham Bell's invention - the phone.
November 19, 1863 - Still don't know, but assume it's Civil War related. Gettysburg? Vicksburg?

That was fun, regardless of the outcome.

I just don't test well.

No comments: