Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Winter weather update




Since I last posted, the ice from the "ice storm" has melted off. Before it went away though, I managed to get a couple of nice pictures while the sun was out.





Ice covered trees in our backyard...

...and in part of our neighborhood.

Then Saturday, December 22nd - the aptly named first day of Winter, we started with rain, which changed to sleet for only a little while. Then from mid-afternoon through the evening, it snowed. The weather forecasters were saying we could have six inches or more, but it looks like we had only two or three inches accumulation. The folks in St. Joseph and on north had more, and I-29 to the Iowa border was closed for a while.

No trouble getting around here today, and we'll see how warm it gets tomorrow. I imagine we'll still have snow on the ground, at least in the shaded places, for a bit of a white Christmas.

No comments: