Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Could have been worse

The ice storm turned out better than it could have been. Our electricity didn't go out, and we got maybe 1/4 of an inch of ice. I was able to get out around 10:30 and shovel an area of our driveway near the garage door, and put down some ice melt chemicals. While I was out, I heard a crack and watched a medium sized branch fall from our neighbors tree.

Later I went back outside with my camera, and noticed a few more small to medium sized branches had fallen from the same elm tree, landing on my side of the fence.
I like how the snow caused this exposure to darken the sky.
More pics:
If there's going to be an ice storm, I prefer it to be just enough to give a "winter wonderland" effect for a few photos, and stop short of major damage like we had in 1984 and 2004.
A view from a different porch...
Close-up...icicles on lights, not icicle lights.


Love these digital cameras.


I heard that parts of southwest Missouri had a bigger storm these last few days, and a lot more trouble with the ice. Mike, how are things at your place?

No comments: