Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Out With the Old Year

2007 is almost one for the history books, and I for one am glad. In general, '07 was not all that great for us, and my family and I are looking forward to a better 2008.

There were some good times though. The one high point that leaps to mind was the visit of my daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter from California, for Thanksgiving.
Another fun time was had at a get-together at my friend Tim's place out in the country. And since I'm tired of snow and snow pictures, I'll post a few photos from last fall's "brush burn", as a quick farewell to the old year.

Out in the country...










As more people arrived, this table was filled to overflowing with food.










Ignition!
Thanks again to Tim and his family and friends, for a fun time of great food and fellowship.
I'll leave for now with my wish for a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year for all of you.
See you in 2008!


No comments: