Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas 2007


This is belated, but I hope all the readers of The Porch had a good Christmas. Ours was good, we sang a lot of carols both at the Christmas Eve candlelight service, and at the Christmas morning service.


Then, home to open presents, and help ourselves to our Christmas "buffet". Simple stuff really, we build whatever sandwich we want from choices of turkey, ham, cheese, lettuce...then add selections from a veggie tray, snacks, etc. That way, no one has to prepare a big dinner; that's been our tradition for a few years now. New this year...our second daughter requested potato salad. So my wife made some, and it was very good. That tradition may have to happen again next year.


In the evening, we went over to my mom and stepdad's, and exchanged presents there. Everyone was thankful for a good day, and happy with what they got (a few items of clothing have since been exchanged for different sizes for a better fit).


My favorite present? Thanks for asking! Our daughter in California gave me a really nice scrapbook of photos of our granddaughter's first year. That's as good a gift as I could wish for.


All in all, a satisfying time of enjoying the decorations, being with family, and most importantly, remembering the birth of Christ our savior.

No comments: