Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

National Tell a Joke Day

Famous blogger James Lileks reminded us all on http://www.buzz.mn/ this morning, that today is National Tell a Joke Day. The subject of humor made me think of comic strips, of which I've been a fan for decades. Recently I searched on the web and found the site for the Charles M. Schulz museum in California. That looks like a fun destination. Maybe the next time I'm in California...

Anyway, I sure hope they've given the loyal museum staff a raise. The last time I heard, they were working for Peanuts.

Gotta give credit to my son for that...I just re-worked it a bit. His original:

The guy who helped Charles Schulz never made much money. He worked for Peanuts.

No comments: