Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Gentlemen, start your search engines!

Once in a while my mind wanders. That’s always been the case, but in recent years we have a new fun tool…the search engine. Sometimes while I’m “surfing” the internet, out of the blue a thought will occur to me, like “I wonder if there’s a picture of _____ on the net”.

This week, the subject was the art on fireworks labels. When it comes to fireworks, I’ve always preferred fountains, cones, Roman candles, sparklers, pinwheels, and ground bloom flowers (It’s more fun if it lights up, as a friend of mine once said). But I have shot off a fair number of firecrackers in the past. Imagine my delight to find this fun site:

www.crackerpacks.com

It was stinkin’ cool to see the good old Black Cat (wildcat) label. Not to mention Turtle brand (Best Quality Supercharged Flashlight Crackers), and of course, Thunder Bombs. Good memories…at one time or another, I had some of each of these. Many, many more are on display…what a collection!


This just in…look what I found in the basement. Must…scan…document…










I sure hope he doesn't get into my garden. I had enough trouble with squirrels until I put the green plastic fencing across the top.

No comments: