Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Taking up some slack

While Bob's computer has the crud, I'll jump in with another installment of the Lyrics Game. To review, I'll post some song lyrics and you astute Porch Heads name the tune. Try ever so hard not to Google for the answer.

Also, this is for fun, alas, we have no prizes to award. It's mainly amusement for me as I like to read the song lyrics for humor, creativity or other qualities. In other words, they are not necessarily difficult, though we can't rule out the possibility.

And now today's lyrics:

Just tell your hoodlum friend outside
You ain't got time to take a ride

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Daniel "Captain" Kirk said...

That's easy! Yakety Yak (Don't Talk Back) Now I'll have it in my head all day... Pick up the papers and the trash... This is the first song I've recognized. Most I don't know even after you post the answer. I don't think I've even heard them. But I was born in 1969, and I suspect you prefer the oldies that get little or no airplay.

I grew up in a home where rock and roll was forbidden. When I would sneak some over the radio, it was mostly songs of youthful rebellion sung by people my parents' age. Or nostalgic songs about the 50s and 60s. Later, I discovered the Oldies station, and started finding CDs of the 50s and 60s music these singers were nostalgic about, and I liked that, too. When the oldies station started playing music from the 70s I stopped listening so much. There were a few good songs in the 70s, but there were a lot I didn't care for, and every time I turned on the radio, that's what they seemed to be playing. I'll probably start listening to the Oldies station again when they start playing the music of the 80s. Or are they playing that already?

If I ran a radio station, the playlist would include an eclectic mix of popular music from WWII to the present, plus some of my obscure favorites, but it would be light on the 70s.