Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Don't you give me those dirty looks...

That begins my favorite lyrics from Yakity Yak, just before the clue given by Mike.

Don't you give me those dirty looks,
Your father's hip he knows what cooks...


That's a fun memory. I'd guessed 1958 when I figured out it was Yakity Yak, performed by The Coasters, but I was prepared to be off a year either way. Then I looked it up and found it was 1958...bonus. I don't always get the year right.

I even remember hearing that song on the radio "back in the day", but I'm sure I didn't appreciate it until some years later after hearing it repeated as a "blast from the past" or a "golden oldie".

No comments: