Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Look Who's Fifty!


Happy birthday, Mike!



Mike, here's to a happy day!
.
I've seen some cute t-shirts and mugs over the years, like:
"Fifty is five perfect tens", and
"I'm not 50, I'm 49.99".
Actually, the 50th b-day can be a lot of fun. People make a fuss over you so it will be memorable. Now, 51...eh, not so much. You've been warned ahead of time.
.
I've had writer's block, or blog block, all day; I meant to write something below the pictures earlier. By now you've probably had supper, and I hope it was some of your favorite foods.
.
So, what'll it be for dessert?
The traditional chocolate cake? Used to be that was pretty much the plan, cake and ice cream.
Still a good choice.
.
Maybe it goes with growing up and noticing different tastes, or maybe our choices have actually expanded over the years; but I've become aware of other birthday options. For example, my wife prefers pie, and we took our youngest daughter to The Cheescake Factory back in July. And, in recent years Dairy Queen along with some of the fancier supermarkets have made ice cream cakes available. Tasty stuff, kind of the best of both worlds all in one.
.
Kind of a cold option in November though, so I tend not to ask for it.
I'm considering asking for peach cobbler this year.
Heh, that'll throw everybody off.
.
I digress. Anyway, you and I have had a lot of fun with the e-mails and this blog, not to mention a lot of fun visits through the years. Lots of good memories.
.
The main thing, is that the Lord has been good to both of us, and I pray he will continue to bless you and your family.
.
Speaking of which, here's hoping your family has spoiled you a bit today. Enjoy!

No comments: