Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Yes, but only on Tuesday

Mike, besides the chunks of chocolate, I figure it might have different colored sprinkles. You know, to give it a tie-dyed effect.

This reminds me of a time when I was a student at a small college, probably 1973 or '74, I don't recall which. One of my friends Ken and I walked into the local Dairy Queen. Half way to the counter I spoke up (not so loud as to get everybody's attention, but loud enough)...

"Eh, I wanna see the Queen." Totally out of the blue, and it cracked Ken up.

One of those "I guess you had to have been there" moments.

No comments: