Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Friday, December 31, 2010

The New Years Evening Rambler

Apologies to my few readers for the small number of posts here the last month or two. There are things I've been meaning to post about, but I've been easily sidetracked with other activities.

I have another installment in my "Astronomy Stuff" writings on the way.

And I need to finish posting photos and comments from the 2009 California vacation trip.

And rumor has it, there's another unofficial Marty story in the works.

And of course, I need to look through more recent photos from this Christmas season. We had a great visit from our California family - granddaughters and all, along with a fun day trip to Branson, where I had a good though short visit with other family members (and I got to ride in a small plane)!

At least it's not like I've been sitting here all by my lonesome. Check back here on The Porch for updates these next few days.

I had a couple of observations about New Year's Eve today. I saw this AP headline for a Yahoo News story...

"Millions gather worldwide to ring in the new year".

So now, what would happen if all the celebrations were cancelled, and the millions did not gather? Would the approaching 2011 stop in its tracks and say, "Hold it...what now?", or would it arrive anyway? If I were a betting man, I'd bet on the latter.

Then another thing. Holidays have colors, right?
Valentine's Day: red and pink
St. Patrick's Day: green
4th of July: red, white and blue
Halloween: orange and black
Christmas: red and green

I think New Year's needs official colors! It's wide open, so I'm going to start something, right here, right now. I took a poll of my family, and from now on, the official colors of New Year's will be...

purple and silver.

Who's with me on this?

Finally, I hope you all have a Happy, Safe, and Healthy New Year!

No comments: