Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

These may not be scripture verses that you usually associate with Advent or Christmas, but they've been on my mind a lot lately.

Mt. 9:11-13

v 11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and ‘sinners’?”
v 12 On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.
v 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Jesus didn’t come only for those who appear righteous, but as we sing in the hymn Amazing Grace, He “saved a wretch like me”.

That gives me hope. Merry Christmas!

No comments: