Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What Mike said

Before I posted again, I wanted to add this short note to Mike's comments about "Scouting NY". I clicked on the link, and I have to say I've really enjoyed and recommend the posts. That man has a good eye for neat old buildings.

And I'm kind of anxious to see what route he took through Missouri and Kansas. I hope he updates soon.

UPDATE: I just checked the link again, and "Scout" has indeed updated his road trip, he's posted as far as Sedalia now. And I learned something new, I didn't know about the radioactive disposal site outside of St. Louis. Then again, I don't take 50 highway that far east. What I need to do sometime is take my Geiger counter (if I can find a B cell battery for it) there and just see if it starts clicking faster.

No comments: