Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Friday, September 11, 2009

9-11-09

Today being the eleventh, I naturally recalled the terrorist attacks of eight years ago. Not that I have anything really new to write on the subject, but I can't let the day pass without some comment.

I still feel sorry for the families of those killed, and hope and pray each year brings at least some more healing.

The firefighters and police who ran in risking everything to save lives - both those who survived and those who gave all - still the truest of heroes.

The terrorist attack still remains as much a monstrous evil as it was on that day.

There are still terrorists who want to kill us and destroy America.

Sadly, there are many people here in our country who deny this.

I remember that for a short time, maybe three weeks that September, people paused, connected with their loved ones, and thought of life issues with deeper meaning. For those whose faith in Christ was strengthened for the long run, I salute you. We need His grace daily, as much on 9-11-09, as on 9-11-08, etc.

And yes, I still give thanks to God for President George W. Bush and his administration. Was the response perfect? No, no human project is perfect. But necessary steps were taken in a measured way. It's neither coincidence nor blind luck that we haven't had another attack anywhere near that magnitude in eight years.

So, I'll close with this link, if you want to read again my recollections of 9-11-01.

No comments: