Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

How do I work this?

I had planned on changing the subject for my next post, but I just saw this. Well said, and it ties in with my aforementioned interest in maps.

My two cents on GPS navigation for your car can be summed up in six words, don't throw out your paper maps. These GPS units are fun gadgets, and are great at what they do - giving turn by turn instructions while you're under way. Just don't throw out your common sense, and understand they have limitations. You'll never see the "big picture" with one of these. For instance, if you want to plan a vacation, including side trips...get a map.

No comments: