Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom and me and the family

Happy Mothers' Day, one and all! To celebrate, here's a couple of pictures from back when...scans from slides, actually.


Colorado vacation, 1957. My sister, my mom, my dad and myself; as best as I can figure this is a park in or near either Silver Plume, or Georgetown Colorado. What I remember most about the day was I had a great time digging holes in the park with dad's rock pick.


Christmas 1966. Mom looks on as I open a gag gift from my sister.

And this only touches the surface of the family photo archives...I need to get scanning some more.

No comments: