Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Evening Rambler for November 10, 2010

I've been thinking about the last entry of the Music List Project. It bothered me for a while and I wasn't sure why; now I think I have the answer. The top 39 songs (including ties) I'd still say were my favorites for the year. The other songs on the list I like well enough when they come on the radio, but to describe them as "favorites" would be stretching the point. So I'll go back and edit that post a bit, and in the future, I'll try to keep the lists simpler.

How about a couple of fall photos?

The colors weren't as intense as last year, but it would have been hard to beat 2009. Anyway, here's our maple.


I didn't go on the pumpkin patch outing this year, so I'm seeing this picture for the first time.



My son, doing a great job carving...


...Pumpkin Bubs! You know, the Jack-'o-lantern version of this character, from the Strong Bad e-mail "Original", from the Homestar Runner site.

That's about all for now, other than a friendly reminder that tomorrow, November 11th, is Veteran's Day. By all means, if you see a veteran, thank him (or her) for his (her) service!

No comments: