Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

2009 in Review: Vacation part 1 - Colorado & Utah

Last year we drove to California to see daughter number one and her family. I wanted to post something today, so why not some of the better photos from the start of the trip?


My son at an overlook at the Alpine Slide in Golden, Colorado



Looking down from the overlook you can see part of the Alpine Slide track towards a small amusement park


The first tunnel west of Golden on I-70


The town of Silver Plume Colorado in passing



Eisenhower Tunnel east portal


On a previous trip I saw one of the other runaway truck ramps in use, with a truck with smoking brakes stopped at the far end


A newer part of Vail, Colorado




Writing postcards



A nice view of the creek at Vail...we walked across a footbridge on our way back to the parking area


Colorado scenery along westbound I-70







Interesting "Reef" rock formations along a desolate stretch of I-70 in Utah

No comments: