Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

MLB postseason 2009...Mike, any comments?

The playoffs are upon us, and this year it was a situation of "flyover country" need not apply. All four teams are from the coast, though I'm not sure how far the Philadelphia Phillies are from the Atlantic. Close enough for this casual fan, anyway.

Unfortunately, Mike's St. Louis Cardinals didn't advance to the championship game, and here I was all set to root for them. (And think of it this way Mike, it could have been worse...at least "The Team Who Will Not Be Named" isn't in the playoffs.)

I've not followed baseball that closely this year, so I'll admit my ignorance about the four teams in the hunt for World Series fame. My inclination is to root against the Yankees, that's an old rivalry here in K.C. But that would be more out of habit than anything, and certainly isn't based on any current knowledge on my part.

So this is a call to cousin Mike. Would you care to share your baseball insights here on the porch? Who do you think will meet in the Series, and who will go all the way? Now, for all I know the teams might be equally talented and evenly matched. So Mike, who do you want to be the Major League Baseball champion for 2009? Who deserves that honor?

No comments: