Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks

Poppy's Front Porch - in the Missouri Ozarks
This photo was taken in 1949. My cousins and I remember the porch after our grandfather walled it in, added a door and big screen windows.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

As you wish

We've been asked to provide another clue to the song title suggested by the lyrics in the previous post. And so we will.

It's a song about a young couple and the very early days of their marriage. It was written by a rock'n'roll ground-breaker and covered very well by Bob Seger.

Here's something else the young couple did:

"They bought a souped-up jitney, 'twas a cherry red '53,
They drove it down New Orleans to celebrate their anniversary"

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Dolores said...

You never can tell D

Dolores said...

or C'est la vie

Dolores said...

written by chuck berry, also recorded by Emmylou Harris.

Bob Wingate said...

So Mike, did Dolores get it right? I've got to admit I was stumped on that one, though when you wrote "rock'n'roll ground-breaker" one of the people I thought of right away was Chuck Berry.

But the only lyrics of his I could think of were from "Maybelline" and "Johnny B Goode", and those didn't match up. I'm not familiar with "You Never Can Tell".